Thursday, September 03, 2009

Back to reality

Well, yeah... obviously my vacation to Japan is long over and true to form I'm late in my updates.


The trip was of course fantastic. I did some more hiking in the mountains (Nunobiki Falls in Kobe and Mino Falls and Katsuoji Temple in Mino). I picked up a copy of the Capcom classic Mickey's Magical Adventure for the Super Famicom at a shop in Geek Street in Kobe as well as a cool new book on the VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross.

Chiharu and I saw the new Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 movie and the new Pokemon movie at fancy new theaters in Osaka and Nishinomiya respectively. I'm looking forward to seeing the Summer Wars anime on DVD someday. It looked pretty good in the trailer show before the other movies.

We also climbed the "lowest mountain in Japan", Tenpozan, which also qualified as a Virtual Geocache before visiting a humoungous aquarium and also a Studio Ghibli storyboard exhibit at the nearby Suntory Museum.

I guess it's too late now to update more about the trip but I'll try to post a few pics someday soon.

Blog Archive